We have finalized the daycare situation. I have toured several places and been put on 3 waiting lists but I hadn't heard from any of those places yet and none of them were really in a price range that was comfortable anyway. A co-pregnant, co-worker (whom I may have accidentally put in labor by making her carry two laptops across campus- don't fret she was due!) turned me on a service offered by my work to help you find daycare. They sponsor 2 centers but don't pay you enough to be able to afford them but they must know that so they offer this service to help you find affordable care too. They put me in touch with a really small center, a few blocks from here that actually had an opening when we are going to need to start. Miracle of miracles! I went and toured yesterday and put my deposit to hold the spot in ASAP. They get support from United Way and Catholic Charities so they are much more affordable. I really liked the staff and the kids were all really, really happy and you could tell they loved the teachers. It is a short walk over there so it will be possible to go visit him during the day if I need to and will make drop off and pick up easy. It isn't like being home with him but I think it will be the next best thing for us.
It is called Peace For Kids. Here is a link to their website.
http://www.pfkstl.org/
Sounds like a good place. They are saying all the right things on the website.
ReplyDelete