Monday, July 9, 2012

The Eviction Notice

It has been many days since my last post but I have a good excuse. I had a baby! The story is long so I will split is in to several parts. Here is the first.....

On June 29th, I went to the doctor to have a non-stress test and ultrasound done to check my fluid levels. In the days leading up the the appointment I felt like everything was going to be fine and we were going to continue to on until my induction on July 5th but the night before Matt and I were cuddling on the couch watching TV and I just had a premonition that it was going to happen soon. The non-stress test turned out ok, not great but passing but the ultrasound showed I had low fluid, I needed at least a 5 to pass and I only had 3. So that was it, the baby's eviction notice! My doctor said it wasn't an emergency but that I should head in that afternoon to get cervidil, sleep at the hospital and then start pitocin in the morning. I called Matt as I was leaving the office and broke the news. We decided he would come home, do a conference call here at home and then we would leave for the hospital about 4pm. I came home, showered, ate and packed up a few last minute things and then we left for the hospital to have our baby. It was a very surreal few hours but we documented one last belly picture before leaving.

40 weeks 3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment